In these terms and conditions “SJF” refers to Southport Jazz Festival Limited.
1. Tickets you purchase are for personal use.
2. In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fees per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable.
3. You must inform SJF of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
4. An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
5. All seating for all gigs is unreserved.
6. On rare occasions the show or event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact a member of the SJF Team.
Delivery and collection
7. All tickets for the SJF event are distributed on the day of the event at the registration desk.
8. To collect tickets at the registration desk the cardholder must present the card used to book the tickets as identification.
9. Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
10. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
Change of Artist
11. Decisions to change artists are the responsibility of SJF. SJF cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event or be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
12. You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
13. If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, in most cases you must confirm your name and address and booking number to email@example.com
14. Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later. Attending an event
15. Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules of the venue. There will often also be rules restricting or preventing the admission of latecomers.
16. SJF will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to the event of which it is aware and which it considers particularly significant, onerous or unusual.
17. Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements, please raise these when booking and we will endeavour to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
18. When you receive your tickets information check the details carefully.
19. Specific seats are not allocated to you at the time of booking, all gigs are unreserved seating, with doors opening 30 minutes before performance time.
20. We may share your personal information with SJF related companies only . We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.
21. We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
22. SJF cannot be liable in any way for the acts or omissions of others (including Artists, Promoters and venue operators). However, SJF does not exclude its liability to you for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
23. These terms and conditions do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than SJF.
24. The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and SJF are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Still confused? Then please contact SJF Customer Services using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we’ll SJF what we can do to help.
For all other bookings:
Address: 16 Crosfield Avenue, Summerseat, Bury, Lancs, BL9 5NX
Telephone: 07759 994800